LinkedIn is currently one of the most visited social media websites for professionals with almost 500 million users. Whether you are looking for a job or are looking to fill a position within your organization, LinkedIn will help you stand out. Having a targeted profile with the right keywords is important to being visible and found on LinkedIn and if you’re an employer looking to hire you’ll have better search insights, higher InMail response rates and Diversity. In case you missed our LinkedIn Profile tips, you can check them out here:
- Make sure your profile is set to public to make sure you are found easily, customize your URL. Both can be adjusted by going into your settings on your LinkedIn Profile.
- Your Picture should represent the “professional” you. Dress as if you were going to work, choose a simple background make sure your face takes up to 60% of the frame and pick a recent picture.
In addition, here are a few additional tips to revamp your profile:
Include your personal branding statement in your summary in the Introduction section.
|Innovative and talented creative director with a strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts. 12 years’ experience of solid success directing and implementing broad range of revenue-generating design projects, from conception to launch. Specialist in Distressing, Bleaching, Tie-dying, Sewing, Burning, Studding and screen printing. Highly experienced in Adobe Creative Suite.
In Summarizing your resume on your LinkedIn profile follow these easy tips:
- Only Include years in your work summary as opposed to month and dates.
- Include a brief summary of the work you did in that specific role.
- Include 3-4 job responsibilities you performed in that role.
2011-2016 – 5yrs
Assisted Managing Director of Americas and India along with other managers with miscellaneous projects.
Only list jobs responsibilities within the last 10 years. Any experience prior to that you should only include the following:
2008-2009 – 1 yr.
Education Section: only include your University and Degree.
|Nova Southeastern University,
Master’s in Human Resource Management (MHRM)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Remember that LinkedIn is built on relationships so make sure you network, network, network!!
If you need assistance revamping your profile, reach out to us!